This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of JM Smuckers®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Take your PB&J to the next level with this Uncrustables® Overnight French Toast! Breakfast never tasted so good.
Is it just me or is time flying by?! I can’t believe that we’re already into the holiday season – I’m usually a little more prepared than I am this year! I feel like I had a few weeks that threw me out of my normal groove, so I have been playing catch-up ever since!
Even when things seem like they’re going crazy, there are some things I can absolutely count on. Like, my 4-year-old daughter being able to live on PB&J sandwiches …. morning, noon and night. Seriously. It must be a kid thing because I know a few other moms who say their kiddos are the same way! Occasionally she’ll want something else, but usually, it’s PB&J – no crusts! To make my life easier, I started buying her Smucker’s® Uncrustables® – peanut butter and grape jelly is her favorite! Not only are they great for her, but they’re super convenient when my older kids want to go to the sports park and they want to grab a snack to take with them!
With the holidays, I had this crazy idea that I could use the Smucker’s® Uncrustables® in a tasty, overnight French Toast casserole. Knowing we will be having family over to our house this year, I really wanted to make something that could be very fuss-free! The great thing about this casserole is the pre-made Smucker’s® Uncrustables® make it super quick to put together and since it’s made the night before, your morning is virtually stress-free!
- 12 unwrapped Smucker's® Uncrustables®, any flavor
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- Maple syrup, powdered sugar and/or fresh berries (for serving)
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange the Smucker's® Uncrustables® in the dish in 3 rows of 4, slightly overlapping the sandwiches.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and eggs until well combined. Pour the egg mixture over the sandwiches, taking care to evenly coat the bread. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the foil from the baking dish and spoon any remaining egg mixture over the top of the bread pieces to assure they are evenly moistened.
- Bake until golden, about 40-45 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup, powdered sugar and/or fresh berries.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 94mgFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 7g
You can find Smucker’s® Uncrustables® in your grocer’s freezer section. Not only do they taste great as a meal or at snack time, but they help make a pretty awesome Overnight French Toast! Although I used Peanut Butter & Grape Jelly Sandwiches, you could use any flavor of Uncrustables® your family enjoys – I think the Chocolate-Flavored Hazelnut Spread would be great topped with fresh berries! I’m definitely trying that next time!
Other Posts You May Enjoy: