I really hope y’all are not sick of pumpkin yet! I am sharing some of the best cookies I have ever made – like in the history of ever! These Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Pumpkin Browned Butter Frosting are phenomenal …. you better hide all of the spoons in your house – the frosting is that amazing! Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
I really enjoy Fall because I have unlimited permission to eat and drink pumpkin everything without people judging me. Those of you who wait all year for pumpkin season like I do, know what I’m talking about. If you have no idea what I’m talking about – try ordering a pumpkin latte in July or mention pumpkin anything in May. People will ask you if you have lost your mind …. in my case, it may be true! 😉
Not only did I LOVE these cookies – but my kiddos loved these cookies. They told me this was the best frosting I have ever made. That says a lot … I have made lots of frosting and they love them all, of course – but this one, we were actually looking for other things to put it on – the oldest even wanted me to make a cake just so we could have MORE of this yummy frosting!
It’s almost amazing that any of the frosting actually made in ON the cookies between all of us “sampling” it! Let’s get to the recipe, shall we?!
For the cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Challenge Butter, softened
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (aka pure pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the frosting
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) Challenge Butter, divided
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (aka pure pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 lb (16 oz.) powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until well blended. Add the pumpkin, egg and vanilla and mix until smooth. Gradually add the flour mixture.Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are firm. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
While the cookies are cooling, prepare the frosting:
- Place 1 stick of butter in a small saucepan. Allow to melt over medium-low heat. Continue to cook, swirling on occasion to check the color, until the butter is browned. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely. Beat the remaining half a stick of butter until creamy. Slowly beat in the browned butter until it looks well combined. Add the brown sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg - mix well. Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix well. If you prefer a thicker frosting, you can add more powdered sugar - if you need a thinner frosting, add a little milk.
- After the cookies have cooled completely, frost the cookies.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 81mgFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 1g
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these fun parties!
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012-2013 All Rights Reserved