This Oreo Chocolate Irish Cream Cheesecake with Irish Cream Whipped Cream is a luscious cheesecake perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or any day!
I love cheesecake … awww, who am I kidding?! I love all kinds of dessert! But cheesecake definitely ranks up near the top on my favorite list! Make it a chocolate cheesecake, and I am in Heaven! Seriously, it is soooo hard to resist!
I know some people are intimidated at the thought of making cheesecake – and honestly, don’t be intimidated – it’s super easy! I know folks worry about cracks on their cheesecake – and let’s face it, it happens sometimes. Even to people who have baked many cheesecakes. If your cheesecake happens to crack on the top, no worries! For this Oreo Chocolate Irish Cream Cheesecake, I’ve got a delicious Irish Cream Whipped Cream to go over the top … no one will even notice if there are any cracks! Seriously, it’s that easy! Slice up a strawberry and put it on top to make it look all fancy and stuff!
Just a few things to note …. It is very important to bring all of your ingredients to room temperature as it does help with keeping your cheesecake lump free and gives you a smoother cheesecake. I would highly suggest using a springform baking pan – and grease it! I know …. most people don’t “grease” their cheesecake pans … just trust me on that. I always give my pans a light coating of shortening! Although you may be tempted to want to dig in right after you bake it – you really need to let it chill for the designated time – so be sure to allot enough time for chilling!
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup butter
For the cheesecake
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
For the Irish Cream Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. Irish cream liqueur
For the garnish
- 8 Oreo cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 1 strawberry, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs, confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder. Add melted butter and stir until well mixed. Pat into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, white sugar, cocoa powder and flour. Beat at medium speed until well blended and smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in the sour cream and Irish cream liqueur; mixing on low speed just until combined. Pour filling over baked crust.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes or until the center is almost set.
- With a knife, carefully loosen cake from rim of pan. Let cool, then remove the rim of pan. Chill.
For the Irish Cream Whipped Cream:
Chill a medium bowl. After the bowl is chilled, beat the whipping cream and sugar in the chilled bowl with an electric mixer on HIGH speed until stiff. Mix in Irish cream liqueur just until combined.
Top cooled cheesecake with Irish Cream Whipped Cream. Sprinkle with additional Oreo crumbs. Garnish with a sliced strawberry.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 753Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 425mgFiber: 3gSugar: 55gProtein: 9g
Other Posts You May Enjoy: