This Asian Chicken Salad is big on flavor and makes an easy weeknight meal! The leftovers (if there are any!), make a great lunch, too!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy for details.
Disclaimer: Blendtec provided blenders for the giveaway and the three hostesses for review purposes. No other compensation was received, and, as always, all opinions are my own.
Asian Chicken Salad
Welcome to #EatHealthy16. Where over 30 bloggers are coming together to share recipes to help you with your start 2016 off on the right track with food that is nutritious and delicious. Brianne of Cupcakes & Kale Chips will have healthy snacks, Jamie of Love Bakes Good Cakes will have healthy meals, and Jenny of The Melrose Family will have healthy desserts, so make sure you follow the #EatHealthy16 hashtag throughout the month of January for tons of inspiration!
We are also excited to be giving all of our readers a chance to win a Blendtec 725 blender and Twister Jar, an over $750 value. Be sure to head over to Love, Pasta and a Tool Belt to enter! You have through February 5, 2016, to enter. Giveaway is open to U.S. residents 18 years of age and older. Winner must respond via email with a valid shipping address within 48 hours of being contacted or another winner will be selected. Good luck!
Today, I am welcoming Emily from Love, Pasta and a Tool Belt to share a recipe for #EatHealthy16. After you grab the recipe, be sure to head over to her blog and enter the awesome Blendtec giveaway for a chance to win! 🙂
Hey Everyone! I’m Emily from Love, Pasta and a Tool Belt and I am so excited to be here sharing a recipe for Asian Chicken Salad! If you have not checked out my blog before I’m Emily and I live in the Nashville area with my husband, our two dogs and soon to be little girl (due in May!). I love to blog about delicious recipes (a lot of pasta), crafts, DIY home improvement and often my favorite tv shows.
A healthier choice
Since pasta is my weakness I try to come up with some healthier options to put into our meal rotation. Salad isn’t really high on my list but I am trying to like it more. Now don’t get me wrong, I could eat like a pound of Olive Garden’s salad but aside from that I have some trouble liking salads. But for my husbands sake I try to make some good salad recipes and enjoy them! It’s also great because he can take the leftovers and have a healthy lunch! For this Asian Chicken Salad I loved the flavors because I’m a big fan of anything in teriyaki sauce, what about you?
Don’t forget to head over and enter for a chance to win in the Blendtec giveaway!
I love all of the veggies you can pack into a salad, especially since I’m eating for two these days and becoming even more conscious about what I eat. Do you have a favorite salad recipe? I’m always on the hunt for a new one to add to our meal plan!
Thank you Jamie for having me today! I hope you guys will stop by and visit me at Love, Pasta and a Tool Belt for delicious recipes, fun crafts and tv musings!
Looking for more delicious chicken recipes?
Other Posts You May Enjoy:
For the chicken
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 NatureRaised Farms® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions
For the salad
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 cup snow peas, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3-4 fresh Mandarin oranges, peeled and divided into segments (or substitute 1 can (15 oz.) Mandarin oranges in water, drained
For the vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, ginger, and garlic. Place chicken in a shallow dish and pour the soy sauce mixture over the top. Cover and set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Drain and discard the marinade. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook chicken on the prepared for 6-8 minutes per side, or until the juices run clear. Remove from grill and allow to rest while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Arrange and divide the salad ingredients on individual plates.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by combining all of the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken into strips or cubes and place on top of the salad.
- To serve, drizzle each salad with prepared vinaigrette.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 753Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 199mgSodium: 1476mgFiber: 8gSugar: 27gProtein: 69g