- 1/2 pound pasta ~ I used mini farfalle
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups frozen pepper & onion blend
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (10 ounces) Rotel
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- tortilla chips, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot according to the package directions but for half of the time recommended ~ the pasta will continue to cook in the oven. Drain & set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and add the onions & pepper blend and the corn. Saute until tender. Stir in the Rotel.
- Slowly add in the flour and stir. Cook for about 2 minutes, then pour in the chicken broth and milk. Increase the heat to thicken the sauce. Sprinkle in the cumin & red pepper flakes. Add the cheese & pasta to the sauce with veggies & stir to combine ~ depending on the size of your skillet you make want to do this in your casserole dish.
- Pour into a 9x13 casserole dish. Top with the crushed tortilla chips ~ as many or as few as you'd like ~ and bake for 20 minutes or until hot & bubbly.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 627Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 670mgFiber: 6gSugar: 11gProtein: 27g
Thank you for stopping by, Jaime! 🙂 Be sure to stop by and say hello!
I hope you enjoy! Shared at these
Don’t forget to share and comment ♥
Where you can find Love Bakes Good Cakes:
Copyright © Love Bakes Good Cakes 2012 All Rights Reserved