Who is going to see the new Batman vs. Superman movie at the theater?! My boys have been talking about it non-stop for weeks!! In preparation for the release of the movie today, I thought it would be fun to make a special red, yellow and blue, Superman-inspired treat! This No-Churn Superman Jello Swirl Ice Cream is so easy to make (no machine required!) and it's so fun with all of the colored Jello swirls!
As you know, I'm part of a group of bloggers who get together every month and we create recipes, crafts or something fun for one newly released movie - and this month's movie is obviously Batman vs. Superman! Since I have a 6-year-old who especially loves all of the superheros (... and a few villains!), I knew he would be excited to help me on this recipe! He helped me sprinkle the Jello on the layers of ice cream and he could not wait to dig into this! I think he asked me every 15 minutes if it was ready ...
Needless to say, my kiddos got a big kick out of this No-Churn Superman Jello Swirl Ice Cream - and now they want to do a Batman version! :D That's one of the great things about this recipe - you can easily switch up the Jello flavors for a whoel new flavor experience!! It was so fun seeing the Superman-colored swirls peeking through the sweet ice cream! Let me tell you, the Jello swirls pack such a fruity flavor punch that this No-Churn Superman Jello Swirl Ice Cream will have the kids begging for more!
No-Churn Superman Jello Swirl Ice Creamby
Prep Time: 15 minutes + chilling
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Yield: 18-24 servings
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 box (3 oz.) red gelatin dessert mix
- 1 box (3 oz.) lemon gelatin dessert mix
- 1 box (3 oz.) blue gelatin dessert mix
1. In a large bowl, whip heavy cream with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Beat in condensed milk until well blended.
2. Spread 1 cup of the cream mixture into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle half of the red gelatin over the top. Add another thin layer of cream mixture. Sprinkle with half of the yellow gelatin. Add another thin layer of cream mixture. Sprinkle with half of the blue gelatin. Repeat layers, ending with the cream mixture, until all of the cream mixture has been used - you may not use all of the gelatin mixes. Save remaining gelatin for another use (like another batch of ice cream!) or discard any unused portion.
3. Place in freezer for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Don't forget to pin it!
Don't forget to stop by and see what my friends made for Batman vs. Superman:
Superhero Smoothies from Around My Family Table
Kryptonite Candy from Bread Booze Bacon
Batman Ice Cream from Big Bear's Wife
Batman vs Superman Surprise Inside Cake from Ashlee Marie
Superhero Tic-Tac-Toe from Mom's Messy Miracles
DIY Superhero Capes from Hey, Let's Make Stuff
No-Churn Superman Jello Swirl Ice Cream from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Batman vs Superman Candy Strawberries from Celebrating Family
Superman Icees from A Savory Feast
Super Hero Cookie Pops from Liz on Call