What a surprise when I saw Dana from Simply You & Me, nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much for nominating me. :) What an honor to be given this award by such a wonderful blogger!
The word Liebster is German. It means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
I am supposed to write 11 random things about me and answer 11 questions from Dana ... then pass the award on with 11 different questions to 11 more blogs ... I hope she asked easy questions! ;) Here goes nothing ....
11 random facts about me ....
1. I have 5 kiddos - 4 boys (15, 11, 10 and 3 yrs. old) and a girl (9 months).
2. Although people "think" I'm really outgoing, I'm kind of a home-body and an introvert.
3. Many times I wish I was a better follower of God's word ... I am not where I think I should be :(
4. I'm a sucker for seeing "old people" who are still in love ... Makes me smile ... and sometimes, I tear up.
5. I secretly (or not so secretly) want to be "that old couple" someday.
6. I could waste a good portion of my life at the beach - nothing like salt in the air, the sound of the waves and your toes in the sand!
7. I absolutely hate shopping 99% of the time ... I'm a "get in and get out" kind of person.
8. I'm pretty plain-Jane .... I love my jeans and t-shirts .... I never wear make-up. Ever.
9. I was in Air Force JROTC in high school and a member of the National and State winning Female Drill Team - some of my best memories were made with those folks!
10. All my kiddos have Bible names.
11. I have a secret desire to drive a firetruck with all the lights and sirens going ... even if it's just in a parking lot!
Now the 11 questions asked by Dana (please, let them be easy!!) ....
1. What side of the bed do you sleep on? Laying down, my husband is to my right.
2. At what age did you start wearing make-up? Did your mom approve? Probably around 13-14 yrs. old. She bought it for me. After high school, I never really wore it .... now, I never wear it!
3. Do you thing you're strong .... emotionally. I think that depends. I try to be if I have to be ... Most people never see me cry.
4. Do you play music when you're alone in the house? Alone in the house rarely happens! :) I do play music often though .... and I sing loudly and make my kiddos dance with me!
5. Have you ever eaten an exotic meat? Yes! Emu, goat, bison, shark and alligator.
6. Chocolate or sex? I'm gonna plead the 5th! ;)
7. Do you wear slippers? No .... bare feet!
8. What is the most unusual thing in your purse? Crazy as it sounds, I don't carry a purse.
9. It's your last meal .... What will you have? A well-done grilled steak with a baked sweet potato, side salad and rolls. Sweet Iced Tea for the drink. For dessert, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.
10. What usually wakes you up? An alarm clock - sometimes a knock on the door from the 3 yr. old :)
11. What's your drink for the summer? Sweet Iced Tea ... no lemon!
The 11 blogs I'm nominating in no particular order are:
My 11 questions for them:
1. Who inspires you the most?
2. If you could have dinner with any famous person, past or present, who would you have dinner with?
3. How do you order your steak?
4. What is one food item you *always* have on hand?
5. Do you have a lot of kitchen "gadgets"? What is your favorite?
6. What one dish (if any), are you intimidated to make?
7. Butter - salted or unsalted?
8. What is your favorite kitchen tip or time-saver?
9. Do you call it soda, pop, coke or something else?
10. Do you have a "regional dish" where you live? What is it? (ex. Carolina BBQ, Boston Baked-Beans, Maryland Crab Cakes)
11. What do you consider your signature dish? Or, what are you expected to bring to family gatherings, potlucks, church fellowships, etc.?
If you haven't already, check out these wonderful blogs. They are such wonderful ladies!
The 3 most viewed links last week were:
If you were featured and would like a button, please grab one from the left sidebar.
Again, thank you to everyone who joined last week. I look forward to seeing what y'all bring this week!